Tuesday, April 15, 2008

PROLOGUE, A Big Book of My Own

http://www.abigbookofmyown.com/

http://stanley.pacion.googlepages.com/sexandhistory

http://www.youtube.com/StanleyPacion

http://www.stanleypacion.com/home.html/
PROLOGUE,
A Big Book of My Own



These are the facts, nothing here but the facts. I was on the road to Damascus via a street in the West Village in New York City, when, in an instant, barometric pressure had dropped 100 MB. Darkness enveloped an eleven-o’clock-morning sun. It may have been a trick of the mind, or some kind of serious panic disorder. I was blind. Yet, although I could no longer physically see, I pictured myself a child on a visit to my great grandmother's house in La Salle, Illinois. In my head I felt as though a tornado was approaching. By the time I had reached the storm cellar doors and stepped beneath to center of a crawl space, sirens were screaming! Fear and humidity had had me soaked to the bone.







STANLEY’S STORY






I always was the kind of guy who sought white-light experience. In church I closed my eyes and reverently prayed that the statuary might move for me. I wanted a sign. I played a lot in my own and other people's basements. By the time I was ten years old I would take a couple aspirins and drink a coca cola, then enclosed myself in large cardboard box hoping to be by vision transported back to ages of the dinosaurs. At the same ten years of age, me and Carl, a friend from neighborhood, would take turns attaching ourselves to one of the contact points of a Ford Model "T" spark coil, using a regular car battery to power the apparatus. We took care not to ground ourselves by standing on wooden chairs. Then, while a buzzing arch of mega voltage, created by the collapse of some electromagnetic field, lept across the contact points, we took pictures of ourselves. Our snapshots caught the round fluorescent tubes, turned on, held one handed directly over our heads, halo-like, their gases charged, ignited by all the direct current roaring through our bodies. Ha!

I had always sought white-light experience. I was Narcissistic to the core. During my Hippie days I loved it when the room's walls became transparent, when all the furniture in the house became clear structures, seemingly composed of a see-through, glass-like substance. On the beach I loved to stand before the waves and watch the ebb and flow. Before my own eyes I might witness these waves cleave into vertices, faces and edges. The sea would open up down to the floor revealing assorted canyon-like structures, the sides of which seemed composed in a truly splendid way of basic, solid geometrical figures, one solid sometimes fitted into the other. Others were arranged side by side, or one upon the other. I saw the geometrical basis of the universe, the five, regular Platonic solids: the octahedra, icosahedra, dodecahedra, tetrahedra, and cubes. These solids were everywhere in the sea. Their arrangement invited me to explore, to step farther into the waters. I was like the scientist of yore, but now high-powered. I was excited, like some watcher of the sky when a new planet fell into his view. Once I looked down the beach and saw women in long black dresses. They were holding open black parasols over their heads. I ran after these women, but before I reached them they had disappeared.

But here against the fence on Sheridan Square in New York City I had been dropped. I had enough sense, barely enough sense to realize that the entire vision quest had come to an end. The general had been knocked off his horse. I recognized that I had been introduced to New World of consciousness. I was on the verge of psychosis. I would no longer be able to kick against the pricks, that in my blindness, I had found sight. And in that moment of pitch-blackness, I had found light. The havoc of that storm had brought me peace. I slowly came about, and began to walk straight across Eighth Street toward the East Village, and there on St. Mark's Place between the Bowery and Second Avenue, I entered my friend Mark's hair cutting establishment, and told him I needed help. I always liked Mark. He had been a boxer and a dancer, and he was a fellow Midwesterner. He was from Detroit, Michigan. There, while in junior high school, I believe, he dated Madonna. He told me he would help me. I had to wait for the end of his workday at 6:30 PM. He accompanied me to the Basilica, and once inside that church's basement I surrendered.










Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 Comments:

Blogger 天氣晴朗 said...

人生最可憐的是半途而廢,最可悲的是喪失信心,最遺憾的是浪費時間,最可怕的是沒有恆心。 ....................................................

6:37 AM  
Blogger 大年初一 said...

您好~~~..............................

8:53 PM  
Blogger 水慧于名 said...

寂寞又無聊 看到你的BLOG 加油喔!!........................................

10:24 PM  
Blogger 俊宇俊宇 said...

how do u do?

10:26 PM  
Blogger AmiraE_Tao0614 said...

hello~welcome my world~<. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

11:56 PM  
Blogger 賢諭 said...

Actions speak louder than words. ........................................

6:24 AM  
Blogger 宗穎 said...

Unable to give you a heart. so have a reply to push up your post. ........................................

12:49 AM  
Blogger 雅雯 said...

等很久了 謝謝你的用心........................................

6:29 AM  
Blogger dare713llflagg0 said...

路過看看哦,請加油.........................

2:12 AM  
Blogger 清民 said...

才華在逆境中展現,在順境中被掩藏。.............................................

7:16 PM  
Blogger 韋于倫成 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

10:18 AM  
Blogger 韋于倫成 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。..................................................

10:18 AM  
Blogger 振宇 said...

The absent are always in the wrong.......................................................

12:44 AM  
Blogger 雅婷 said...

我們不是因為快樂而歌唱,而是唱歌使我們快樂........................................

2:07 AM  
Blogger 陳卓人 said...

If you can, you can. ............................................................

4:27 PM  
Blogger 俊偉 said...

感謝不吝分享您的心得.................................................................

1:14 AM  
Blogger 江婷 said...

閒來無聊逛逛blog~~跟您打聲招呼~~.................................................................

1:02 AM  
Blogger 亦妮 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。......................................................................

5:40 AM  
Blogger 夏康如 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

12:38 AM  
Blogger JasonBirk佳琪 said...

rain before seven; fine before eleven.............................................................

5:47 PM  
Blogger 志穎志穎 said...

Rome was not built in a day............................................................

4:52 PM  
Blogger 戴昀德 said...

當你真心渴望某一樣東西,整個宇宙都會聯合起來幫助你。..................................................

9:36 PM  
Blogger 芸茂芸茂 said...

Man is not made for defeat. A mean can be destroyed but not defeated..................................................................

5:59 AM  
Blogger 楊儀卉 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。..................................................

9:03 PM  
Blogger 姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

第一忠誠,第二勤奮,第三專心工作。..................................................

4:31 AM  
Blogger 琬安琬安 said...

Share and share alike.............................................................

11:10 PM  
Blogger 林聖瑤 said...

喜歡看大家的文章,每篇都是一個故事,都是一種心情~~祝大家開心愉快...............................................................

8:31 PM  
Blogger 徐禎緯 said...

thx u very much, i learn a lot............................................................

9:17 PM  
Blogger 治冠霖士 said...

Look before you leap.................................................

12:33 AM  
Blogger 雅王任 said...

Judge not of men and things at first sight................................................

12:42 AM  
Blogger 韋陳富 said...

時間就是塑造生命的材料。

10:53 PM  
Blogger 韋陳富 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。............................................................

6:03 PM  
Blogger 王辛江淑萍康 said...

傻氣的人喜歡給心 雖然每次都被笑了卻得到了別人的心..................................................................

3:57 AM  
Blogger 1615 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份..................................................

7:46 PM  
Blogger 江仁趙雲虹昆 said...

成功可招引朋友,挫敗可考驗朋友......................................................................

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com